Sunday, May 11, 2008

Whale Watching!
















Today I went down the coast to Monterey to go on a whale watching tour. It was a great sunny day, and I even got a little sun on my face. Just because I'm in california, doesn't mean that its warm and sunny here all the time! The tour was just under 3 hours and there was lots of action! We were right in the middle of anywhere from 2-4 pods of whales. It was great to watch them blow ater through their blowspouts, then after that a few times they would put their tails up! Lots of bootie action! We didn't seen any whales jump out of the water, but they did get rather close to the boat when they took their tales out! So the type of whale that I am talking about are humpback whales! I can't believe how huge they are. A few times we saw 2-3 whales right next to each other. I hope that you like the few pictures that I took, thank goodness for digital! Lots of pictures to delete, but a few turned out really well! I think I took about 150 pictures, anytime there was a little movement of whales, the shutter was going! I may even go back again before I leave since I had a good time. They said that the morning time is the best (Ugh!) because its usually calmer water!

1 comment:

brandiar15 said...

That's got to be the most tail you've seen in awhile. LOL! Just kidding. Cool pictures, looks like lots of fun.