Friday, October 17, 2008

Rowing!

Having fun rowing!
On the boat taking a quick break. 8 people can row at a time.

Rowing in action. I know its a difficult shirt to wear, but I still gotta show my pride sometime!






This past tuesday I tried rowing for the first time. It was a beautiful night. I rowed with Maureen, one of my co-workers, who rows with the Embarcadaro Rowing Club. On Tuesday nights they have a recreational rowing night where anyone can come out and try it. We rowed at night, on a full moon. It was a great to be able to see downtown at night. Also, there was a navy vessel near the bridge being patrolled by the coast guard. (The ship was there from fleet week last week). Anyway, of course, since I was on the boat, yep, you guess it, the coast guard came over to us on their little boat with big guns. Nope, it wasn't to say hi to me and that they missed me, it was to tell us that we were rowing too close to the navy ship and to MOVE AWAY!!! Oh, I've missed my coast guard. One of the guys on the boys was like, wow, we've never been told that before by the coast guard. I figured they didn't know my history! I had a great time and will try it again!

1 comment:

KazooDiver said...

Imagine that the Coast Guard! Who would have thought that Dawn would keep in touch with the Coast Guard, from Michigan, to California, all the way to Curacao.

Next blog entry...Dawn Joins the Coast Guard :)